Introduction OCTA shall present annual year end awards to members for points earned at eventing competitions which are recognized by the United States Eventing Association (USEA) and at schooling shows which are not recognized by the USEA.
Membership The rider must be a member of OCTA t the time points are accrued. The horse’s owner is not required to be a member.
1. The show year shall be December 1 of the previous calendar year through November 30 of the current year, unless changed by the OCTA board.
2. OCTA will present awards for recognized horse trial/combined tests and schooling horse trials/combined tests. The awards will be presented for Champion, Reserve Champion, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th places in the following categories;
Junior Rider Age 21 and under
Senior Rider Age 22 and above
A competitor’s category is determined by his or her age on January 1 of the current year.
3. Points shall accrue for all non-USEA recognized divisions of horse trials (HT), combined test (CT), and eventing derbies (derby) held. This includes division know as "Green as Grass", "Elementary", "Tadpole", "Starter", "Intro" and such, as long as the minimum average height of each jumping test is 18 inches.
4. To be eligible for points, a HT must include scores for three tests (dressage, cross country, and stadium jumping), a CT must include scores for two of these tests (dressage and a jumping test), and a Derby must include scores for both a dressage test and a jumping test with a combination of cross country and stadium obstacles. A horse/rider combination may only earn points for one division/test per show.
5. Year end awards are given for the greatest total number of points earned at a recognized or schooling HT, CT and or Derby during the show year by a horse/rider combination, according to the Points Table shown below. The following divisions will not be included or considered for any purpose: A division in which the rider either competed hors concours (either voluntarily or at the request of the show organizer), was eliminated, or withdrew from a competition; or a division was cancelled without a final score for both a dressage test and at least one jumping test.
6. The horse’s competition name must remain consistent during the show year. Any changes must be made in writing to the Points Keeper.
7. Points accrue for a particular horse/rider combination. Riders competing additional horses will accrue a separate set of points.
8. If there is a tie for a Year End Award, it shall be broken in favor of the horse/rider combination with points earned at the fewest shows. If the tie remains, duplicate awards will be given.
9. If a horse/rider combination are finishing as Champion or Reserve Champion in the recognized horse trial division, they are ineligible for a schooling division award.
Points and Points Table OCTAwill make a show report form, typically entitled "OKE Show Results", available prior to the beginning of each show year and post it on the OCTA website. Riders must check their points frequently and contact the Points Keeper if there are any mistakes. If you attend a schooling show outside of Oklahoma, you must contact the Points Keeper and advise them of your points within 30 days of the show. Points for Year End Awards will be awarded according to the following table: